Monday 20 February 2012

Red and Yellow

A brief view of Red Kite over the Village Hall prompted me to pop out for a (very) late lunch break and see if I could relocate it. I was joined by the other half of parish team Wilson (my dad) but we couldn’t find it. As I was out, I decided to continue around the church block.

All was very, very quiet – I think the bitter wind was keeping everything down. There was naff all in the woods around the crossroads and The Pond is now back to being devoid of life – even the Moorhens have relocated to Old Hall Farm duck pond.

A nice buck Roe Deer posed amongst the trees opposite The Pond, with 3 prong antlers covered in velvet and a male Yellowhammer brightened up the walk back, posing along the long hedge.

And I did get a year tick – House Sparrow – taking me to 57 for the year.

-!-

No comments:

Post a Comment