Thursday 23 February 2012

Don't Give Up !!!

sang Peter Gabriel in 1986 , some thought it about oppression and stuff like that , however it was actully meant for local patching !!

I was tempted to give up after 45 minutes spent cycling round the patch had revealed 2 LITTLE EGRETS and a new GC Grebe , oh and another Bullfinch and 2 Reed Buntings.

I then headed off to Linford to meet Fop for a quick bimble , while nothing mega, at least 10 species that I would cut my left testicle off for in NLVP !

Anyways , back to the patch and the plain produced a high flying LITTLE EGRET , heading towards Linford , some Jackdaws and Woodpigeons , oh and some Magpies ..... Riveting

Waterfall Pond was equally dead and it was about this point that the "Give Up" devil started talking to me , i then discovered a little section of railway embankment that i had not seen before and whilst nothing mega , a small flock of House Sparrows and finches was enough of a boost for me to start pishing , immediately a year tick arrived ! a JAY (YT - 55)

Nothing else responded , so I headed off home, but then , like Wheelspin before me , I did a double take on the river as a GREY WAGTAIL was having a bath 8 feet away ! (YT-56)

So thanks Peter ;-) I won't !

Si

2 comments:

  1. Don't Give Up was his duet with Kate Bush, you plum. Standard 80's power ballad.

    Biko was his major apartheid song. Great tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oi git face , I read the lyrics and the meaning behind the song , it's about struggle and oppression , not 80's claptrap ;-)

    ReplyDelete