Friday 24 February 2012

Punctured !

my dreams and my tyre ! .....

As there was a passage bounty @ Furzton  ( 2 Tufted Ducks and 3 Siskin ! ) I assumed that NLVP would be dripping .....

Who knows ! after i got to the Abbey , my bike got a puncture and i had to walk home ;-(

The Abbey provided 2 Mistle Thrushes and much Dunnock and Wren singing , but no Woodcock or Stock Dove - my 2 Target species today, the Abbey pond held a whole Moorhen ! 

The walk back was much more exciting , a male SPARROWHAWK displaying was only the 2nd for the patch this year , the regular cricket pitch stretch of river LITTLE EGRET was present , a GS Woodpecker flew over and a Blackbird, Mistle Thrush and Fieldfare fed together near the Cricket Pitch.

After depositing my bike back home , I popped to Lodge Lake for a quick look at the new arrivals ...... 1 Bullfinch , 2 Reed Buntings and 9 Goldfinches were strangely Deja Vu like of yesterday , the only new arrivals were an additional 5 Canada Geese

Theres always tomorrow .......

Si

No comments:

Post a Comment