Sunday 26 February 2012

Creeping along.

A 45 minute thrash around the plain with Ted failed to turn up anything Snipe shaped , 4 Moorhen and a fly over Great Spotted Woodpecker the only birds of note , however I did get speaking to a local who advised  that she sometimes sees birds with down curved beaks when it floods , Curlews she thinks ! so an area to keep an eye on early mornings in the spring.

Flushed with the success of 4 Moorhens ! I decided to further depress myself by visiting Lodge Lake , it was looking fairly familiar ( 1 Great Crested Grebe , 4 Canada Geese, 4 ad Cormorants etc ) so started walking back to the car, as I neared the car park, I picked up on a call that didnt seem right in the reedbed , a TREECREEPER was slowly picking its way around the bottom of a lakeside tree ! Year Tick - 57

Looking forward to the next instalment tomorrow !

No comments:

Post a Comment