Tuesday 10 April 2012

Migrants!

Shame they are departing ones, rather than new arrivals...20+ Redwings was my only reward for 2 hours kicking hedges and scanning paddocks in the rain yesterday. The midden was still devoid of birds too.

I have high hopes for this giant pile of poo
I have 2 Brambling regularly coming to my feeders. And 2 Fieldfare flew over when I opened the chicken house at 05:50 this morning.

My avian photography just gets better and better
I did hear my first Willow Warbler and Blackcap of the year, shame I was about 200 yds into Barney, the parish to the West of Swanton Novers.

The parish boundary with Barney
-!-

3 comments:

  1. There have only been TWO records of Brambling in the whole of Bedfordshire so far this year. You are very lucky to have them on your feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as many as we had last winter. How come so few records in Beds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 records represents almost Bucks-like shoddiness Steve. You don't want to be like Bucks...do you?

    ReplyDelete