Sunday 29 April 2012

The Migrants cometh !

A great 5 minutes on the patch today !

There is actually a Common Tern in this one !

A bit like the Ouse washes

I did nearly wet myself with excitement !
I decided to check out the Flood plain , as its basically , flooding every where , the net result is ..... A Lake ! and not a crappy lake like Lodge Lake , which still has yet to record a Hirundine , but one with a real life actual COMMON TERN (YT - 68) feeding on it ! and thats not all , a flock of Dark specs revealed themselves to be 35 BARN SWALLOWS , 4 HOUSE MARTINS (YT - 69) and most precious of all a single SAND MARTIN (YT - 70) ....

here is a nice pic of a Wheatear that I took from the car in the rain through my bins ! Alas , this was not on the patch , but @ CMK

Si

No comments:

Post a Comment