Wednesday 8 January 2014

The patch that just keeps on giving !

I popped off in the patch quickly today to see if i could pick up a Water Rail - Well an hour later I was still there ;-)

Nothing noteworthy on the lake , but as I stopped in the best area for them, just down from the car park , 2 REED BUNTINGS came into view from a pish, 10 minutes later and without a sound from the reeds , I accidentally played my iPod loud , Immediately one started "Sharming" ( Squealing to you and me ) about 5 feet away - Ash Suddenly appeared round the corner pleased with his 2 WATER RAILS only to find that I was one of them ;-) (YT-52) 

After spending a pleasant 5 minutes in Ash's company and not seeing a great deal , we parted company as I wanted to try the paddocks for Green Wood and Ash was heading home , i decided to detour into the A5 pine belt and glad i did - 4 GOLDCRESTS and a single COAL TIT later - I was well pleased (YT-53) 

Not expecting anything else exciting I headed back to the car , but on the journey home a delightful ROOK was perched on top of a lamppost as I entered Bradwell - which was nice (YT-54)

Cheers 

Simon 

Some pictures from 3rd January 

Hmm ? Fishy ? 

Like a bullet from a gun ! 

Probably an eagle or summink ! 

I do love my new camera , but I wish i knew how to stop the auto focus malarky ! 


1 comment:

  1. I assume your car was parked at home and not the car park on your patch...

    ReplyDelete