Friday 25 May 2012

Common Cranes

3 of the Cranes over my Garden - too close to get all 5 in the frame :-)
And they are turning out to be a common sight - my third sighting this year and all were over the garden!

I have my pager set to beep on any Swanton Novers news, so was outside the moment the news came across of 6 Common Crane flying South-West over Swanton Novers at 11:30. No sign of them at first and was about to go back in (they were not even a garden year tick...) when they appeared over the trees to the South, slowly circling and drifting South-East. Frantic shouting and running about meant that the senior half of team Wilson finally added Common Crane to his parish and garden list!

One of the six birds split off and headed off North, calling loudly and the others continued South-East towards Melton Park.

About half hour later the 5 drifted back North, directly over my garden, calling loudly. This time I had presence of mind to actually point my camera at them. Awful light but at least managed some record images.

5 Cranes heading North

-!-

No comments:

Post a Comment